Corporate and Business Law
Our attorneys are experienced in advising business clients from small family businesses to regional corporations, hospitals, utilities, and universities.
We assist in the proper selection and formation of a business entity, preparing the initial incorporation documents, preparing corporate governance documents, and providing legal advice for and general representation of:
- Sole Proprietorships;
- General Partnerships;
- Limited Partnerships;
- Limited Liability Partnerships;
- Family Partnerships;
- Professional Associations;
- Limited Liability Companies;
- Non-profit Corporations; and
- Tax-Exempt and Charitable Organizations.
We also assist businesses with their routine transactions and succession planning such as:
- Preparation and negotiation of corporate contracts and agreements;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Stock sales and purchases;
- Asset sales and purchases;
- Deeds and real estate transactions;
- Employment matters;
- Business planning;
- Contract review;
- General corporate matters; and
- Obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status for charities and other organizations.
In addition, we assist with business succession planning and in connection with that planning prepare such documents as:
- Stock restriction agreements;
- Shareholder agreements;
- Buy-Sell agreements;
- Installment Purchase agreements.